Getting your product or service featured in a magazine or major media outlet is no easy task, so congratulations on this major credibility milestone. Now that you’ve been featured in said magazine now what? The answer is to PR the publicity. Yup, that’s correct promote your feature. Below are 5 ways to promote the media your brand has earned.
1. Social Media: This is a must. Promote your feature on your social media platforms. In your post tag the outlet and thank them for the feature. Direct your customers to the featured product on your website or where it’s being sold online. If a service or your expertise has been featured direct your audience to your blog. The next tip is about blogging.
2. Blog: Create a blog post about your feature. For products talk about how to use it, wear it and what makes it special. For services provide more information with tips and tricks. If you have an e-book or worksheet consider offering it as freebie for signing up for your newsletter.
3. Website: On your website you can call out the feature on your homepage with the phrase “As featured in” be sure to show the product and outlet logo or magazine cover. Use this same concept on your e-commerce page and create an exclusive sale around the featured product.
4. Newsletter: Share your feature with your loyal newsletter readers. Remember these are the people who have signed up to get news about your brand so share it with them. You can take the exclusive sale idea from the above website tip and apply it to your newsletter readers. Try offering your newsletters readers a promo code that gives them access to the sale before you add it to your website.
5. In-Store: If you have a brick and mortar store promote your feature by having a copy of your feature next to your checkout area where your customers can see it. If you’re checkout area isn’t big enough put your placement next to the featured product. If you have a clothing boutique frame the feature and add it to all of your dressing rooms. Encourage your sales staff to let customers know about the feature.
These tips are just a few ways to promote the publicity you’ve earned. If you try them let me know how they work for you by leaving a comment below. I’d love to hear how you promote your earned PR.