Now that 2017 is underway I wanted to address a great question from a fellow entrepreneur, “how do you become a Passionista?” And the answer is simple, nothing. Being a Passionista is not about what you do, it’s about who you are and how you present yourself to the world.
Don’t focus on others, only try to impress yourself.
I started Passionistas as a Facebook group when I was getting ready to leave corporate america and pursue interior design full-time (which is a story in of itself). I was looking for a community of women that understood what I was going through, that wanted to network, and wanted to inspire and motivate each other. I couldn’t find a group that was offering exactly what I was looking for, so I created my own. I had no plans to become anything more than a Facebook group, but by the end of 2014 I had created an organization and was working on a website.
So, who is a Passionista?
- You love, and are passionate about, what you do.
- You are invested in yourself professionally and personally.
- You strive to be your best and do not compare yourself to others.
- You write your own rules to success.
- You focus on your craft and aim to learn more.
- You uplift others and understand the power of supporting other entrepreneurs.
- You don’t let fear guide your decisions.
- You celebrate the accomplishment the others.
- You hustle and are not afraid to get your hands dirty to get things done.
- You are walking in your purpose or making a conscious effort to discover what your purpose is.
- You love who you are and embrace your uniqueness.
- You don’t settle for less.
Do you see the common theme? Be yourself, love yourself enough to be your best self, and give what you want to receive. And don’t focus on others, only try to impress yourself.
Success means feeling passionate about what you do. – Linda Rodin
What is the goal of Passionistas? To provide you a community of support, a place to network, and a platform of resources. Passionistas is a lifestyle, you have to live it, experience it, and feel it. Are you a Passionista? Comment below!